USSR Advisory Code: USSR-99027
December 29, 1999 [3/5]
CSM Mail Server for Windows 95/NT and others old versions.
About The Software:
CSM Mail Server for Windows 95/NT allows:
* FIREWALL is usefull to reject unwanted calls to the SMTP server.
* ANTI-SPAMMING is usefull to reject unwanted messages.
* To define VIRTUAL DOMAINS which are physically manage by the
* To define SECONDARY DOMAINS which are physically managed by the
same or another server computer.
* To ROUTE (send or receive) messages between itself and the Internet.
* To ROUTE (send via SMTP) received message to the secondary domains.
* To TRANSFER (send or receive) messages between itself and the
worktations attached to the local area network (LAN).
* To MANAGE the user mailboxes.
* To DISRIBUTE the messages in the mailboxes.
* It can be installed behind a Firewall or a CSM Proxy server.
UssrLabs found a Local / Remote Buffer overflow,and maybe remotely
exploitable buffer overflow,The overflow is caused by a (long HELO)
in the login procedure.
[email@example.com$ telnet example.com 25
Connected to example.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 SMTP CSM Mail Server ready at ServerName.com (Version 2000.08.A - NT.4.0.1381)
Where [buffer] is aprox. 12000 characters. At his point the server overflows
Do you do the w00w00?
This advisory also acts as part of w00giving. This is another contribution
to w00giving for all you w00nderful people out there. You do know what
w00giving is don't you? http://www.w00w00.org/advisories.html
Vendor Url: http://www.csm-usa.com
Program Url: http://www.csm-usa.com/product/mailsrvr/
Soting yet :(
Eeye, Attrition, w00w00, beavuh, Rhino9, ADM, L0pht, HNN, Technotronic and