SRP News and Announcements
- Version 1.4.4 of the SRP distribution is released,
along with a port of the SRP FTP client to win32.
v 1.1.16, is released with SRP support.
Kermit95 supports Telnet authentication and strong
session encryption under Windows 95/NT.
- Version 1.4.1 of the SRP distribution is released.
- The Secure Remote Password Protocol is officially presented at
the 1998 Internet Society
Network and Distributed System Security Symposium
- Tera Term Pro, a native Windows 95/NT Telnet client,
is released with SRP support.
- Version 1.4 of the SRP distribution is released.
- The SRP-DEV mailing list is created.
- The Stanford Computer Science Department
supports SRP on
its main login server.
- Final version of SRP (known as SRP-3 at the time) is
- SRP is submitted to the IEEE P1363 Working Group
as a contribution
to the Public-Key Cryptography Standards (PKCS).
- Details of SRP-2 posted to
SRP-2 was based on a composite modulus.
This was eventually discovered to be
an unsatisfying solution.
- SRP-1 is discovered to be plaintext-equivalent.
- Details of SRP-1 first posted to the newsgroup